Wow what a crazy 12 months for everyone, a difficult and challenging time for all.
As we start to come out the other side of this pandemic and return back to normality, we need to start planning for a controlled return to working days at the Fort. Its not going to be a easy ride getting back on track with the project, and so your help is needed to get things started once again.
The Fort has never in the last ten years, gone so long without our help to clear it and protect it and so what we face will not be easy at all.
Keep an eye out here on the website and Facebook if you have it, for the returned plan to working at the Fort, we will need all the help we can get. If you want to be able to enjoy the fresh air of the beautiful West beach whilst doing some thing good, we would love to see you there
If you aren’t a volunteer as yet and would like to help us in the project, please drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will point you in the direction of the next induction
What is Step 1 of the roadmap out of lockdown?
Step one of the roadmap to recovery begins on 8 March where primary and secondary schools will reopen again meaning wraparound childcare can also resume.
Exercise or recreation outdoors with one other person is also permitted, however, the message to remain at home still remains strong.
A second stage of step 1 also begins on 29 March where the rule of 6 outdoors is allowed again along with outdoor sports. Outdoor parent and child groups of up to 15 can also begin again.
What is Step 2 of the roadmap out of lockdown?
If all goes well and the four tests to carry on with the roadmap are passed, step 2 will begin around 12 April.
This will be confirmed a week in advance but from this date in England:
- Gym and indoor leisure will reopen.
- The rule of 6 outdoors continues but no mixing indoors.
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, theme arks and drive in cinemas to open.
- Eating outdoors will be permitted.
- Non-essential shops to reopen.
- Person care premises to resume business.
- Libraries and community centres to open.
- Household over night stays permitted.
- Indoor children’s activities resume.
What is Step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown?
At least five weeks after step 2, and along as all four tests are passed, step 3 allows the following to begin again from 17 May.
- Indoor entertainment and attractions
- 30 person limit outdoors.
- Rule of 6 or two households can meet indoors.
- Organised indoor adult sport.
- Domestic overnight stays.
- Remaining outdoor entertainment including performances.
- Remaining accommodation to open.
- International travel review.
What is Step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown?
At least five weeks after Step 3 and no earlier than 21 June, the following will be permitted as life returns to some normality.
- Nightclubs to reopen.
- No legal limits on social contact.
- Larger events.
- And no legal limits on all life events.