We are running short fort induction training session, this is a must for anyone who wants to come and work at the fort.
The next planned session will be the 26th January at 12.00.
The session comprises review of the project, the future, restoration method and at the end a walk around the fort.
Please book your place as places are limited.
Email Andy@littlehamptonfort.co.uk it call 07830 192195.
Please feel free to share this post to you friends and family.
We have a date for our Visit to Fort Widley for the 26th May 2018.
We only have 10 places and so it will be on a first come first served basis. The cost of the evening will be £30, of which £20 deposit must be paid upon booking. Please note, the deposit is non refundable.
To reserve your place, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the Event on facebook –
Fort Widley Reported Activity:
• Ghostly residents are said to include a sergeant-major who enjoys whistling
• The old sergeants’ mess is reported to be a very intimidating area to visit now
• Ghostly footsteps and bangings are often heard, these are said to be made by a former prisoner
•There are reports of the spirit of a little boy haunting the tunnels that run deep beneath the fort. It is said that he was a drummer boy and was being pursued along the parade ground by a superior officer, having been disobedient, and fell to his death down the spiral staircase.
• Rapid footsteps have been heard running along the tunnels and, apparently, he often plays games.
• Ghost hunters have detected a very dominant male spirit and say they feel a sense of foreboding when he approaches. He has been sighted walking with a lantern and peering over people as a 7ft (2.13m) tall dark shadow.
• A female spirit is said to be the wife of one of the married couples that resided at the fort or one of the prostitutes that came up to the fort to cater for the male occupants. The story says she was murdered there and her tormented spirit is always trying to flee her aggressor. It is also said that she looks after the spirits of the children found within the tunnels.
Looking forward to investigating the full extent of the paranormal activity found here!!
Join us if you’re brave enough!! A truly intriguing and eerie location!!